Intensity Carbon Features View More
The popular Group 34, 48 & 49 models are used in a wide variety of street & race cars. The I48CE & CX are the most popular models specifically for Porsche cars where MAX weight savings and improved performance is desired. Porsche owners with everything from Cayman GT4 to 911 GT3RS 4.0 notice the benefits, especially those who run track days with their vehicles due to high location of the stock 45 pound battery. Long life of 10-15 years often means a Braille Carbon Intensity lithium battery will be used in several cars over the long term. Many older GT3 Cup cars are still running the I48CE for 6-7 years now and still going strong.
Braille Lithium delivers a higher, cleaner voltage which improves the performance of every electrical component and has shown to provide:
• Quicker starting (a full volt higher than lead and less voltage drop during cranking)
• Improved engine management & data logging performance (more stable voltage)
• Less horsepower draw from the alternator due to efficient charging (5 times faster than lead),
• Lasts 3-5 times longer (especially under the harshest environments),
• Much more reliable (less than 1% failure rate)
• Significant weight savings. (up to 1/4 the weight)
• Don’t self-discharge, so if the battery is disconnected (no draw or via power disconnect switch), they can sit for over a year+ and still maintain over 13 volts to start the vehicle.
To get all these benefits in one simple step makes it a very cost effective upgrade!!
It is due to these reasons that Braille Lithium is currently being used in every Indycar (since 2012) & Indy Lights car (since 2015), in the DTM (Audi/BMW/Mercedes), SuperGT (Nissan/Honda/Lexus/Subaru) and Australian V8 Supercar (Volvo, Nissan, Mercedes, Holden, Ford) series, nearly every car in the IMSA series (factory Corvettes since 2011, Vipers, Ferrari, Porsche, BMW), Formula 1 and top teams in NASCAR, drag racing, off-road, Rally (all Olsbergs cars), along with the Porsche GT3 Cup champions in Germany & Canada and so on. Race Winning Lithium Technology Designed for the Enthusiast and the Professional. Tremendous Weight Savings, Original Equipment Replacement Sizing and Superior Starting. Excellent Off-Season Storage Performance. Brass Terminals, and High Amp Design.
*Marine Sealing is available and required for batteries used in marine or other applications where unit may be exposed to water directly (light mist or spray), as lithium batteries are not intended to be exposed to any water unless marine sealed, which makes the more water resistance, but not “waterproof”. (additional cost, varies by lithium model)
** PbEq equals Lead-Acid Equivalent also known as LAH Lithium-Amp-Hours. This means that a 72 LAH PbEq (24AH) Lithium Iron Phosphate battery could perform the same near as a 72 AH Lead-acid battery under a high rate discharge in comparison.
- BCI Group 49
- Weight13.9lbs / 6.3kg
- Length13.9" / 353mm
- Width6.8" / 173mm
- Height5.5" / 140mm
- Polarity Right Side Positive
- Voltage 12
- Full Charge Voltage 13.8
- Pulse Cranking Amps (PCA) 2325
- Amp Hour (AH) 38
- Lithium Amp Hour/Lead-Acid Equivalent (LAH/PbEq) 114
- Life Cycle @ 10% DOD 5000
- Lithium Warranty & Conditions
- Lithium ION
- Consumer Auto
- Race Auto
GO Intensity Carbon
- 21.5 lbs.
- 3625 PCA
- 189 PbEq
- 63 Ah